READ THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE
The article from WCBD News 2 titled "Vivek Ramaswamy to headline Dorchester County GOP dinner Saturday" provides the following information:
- Date of Publication: August 18, 2023
- Author: Walker Simmons
- Event Details: Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy is scheduled to visit Dorchester County on Saturday as part of his campaign in South Carolina. He will be the headline speaker at the Dorchester County GOP fundraiser named the "Faith , Family & Freedom Dinner," which will be held at the Dorchester Shrine Club.
- Context: This visit by Ramaswamy is happening around the same time as Democratic _^_>Presidential Candidate _$_> Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s visit to South Carolina. Vivek Ramaswamy , a biotech entrepreneur from Ohio, has previously campaigned in Iowa and has hosted events at the Iowa state fair.
- Event Popularity: The GOP event on Saturday is sold out, with an expected attendance of approximately 300 people. The event is set to start at 5:30 PM.
- Comments from Local GOP: The Dorchester County Republican Chairman, Steven Wright, expressed excitement about hosting their 3rd annual "Faith Family and Freedom Dinner." He mentioned, “Vivek Rameswamey is going to be our keynote speaker this year, he is polling second place in many polls, third place in most polls. We are very excited to have somebody who is a rising star within the Republican party be our keynote speaker this year.”
- Responses from Other Parties: News 2 reached out to the South Carolina Democratic Party for a statement regarding Ramaswamy’s visit but is still awaiting a response. The Dorchester Democratic Party declined an interview when approached by News 2.